Eco Council at Inkberrow Primary School
The Eco committee have been working hard to spread the message that we can all be Eco Heroes and that we all have a part to play in helping to save the planet.
They had the idea that we could organise an Eco-day to raise awareness of children from across the school to ways that they could become Eco-Heroes.
- They asked the Head if they could organise an Eco-day.
- They chose and helped to organise a selection of activities.
- They did a presentation to the whole school in an assembly.
The Eco-day was a great success. The events included:
- Saving water: Paul Tingle from Severn Trent taught us about ways that we can save water and the importance of only putting the correct things down the toilet.
- Making recycled paper: Miss Stott from Envirosort taught us how we can make our own paper by recycling old paper.
- Recycling: We learnt about materials that can and cannot be recycled and the importance of recycling.
- Supporting nature: We made and took home bird feeders so that we could attract birds to our gardens.
- Eco-posters: We designed our own posters based on a selection of Eco aspects.
At Inkberrow Primary School we work hard to help the environment:
- We recycle our paper and card using our class recycle bins.
- We collect and compost our snack time fruit scraps.
- The Reception and Year One classes have Forest School as part of their weekly curriculum where they learn about the outdoor environment and the importance of supporting nature.
The Eco-Committee meet regularly and will be completing an Eco action plan to see where we need to focus our Eco Heroes attention next.